Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Young and Old As I Am

Last night:

Reading a book on journaling. Soft fan sound buzz--
Oh, and Bon Iver's new "Blood Bank" thrilling my ears,
Sweeping deeply even into my bones. I love this band.
And this book. Oh, and this new freedom feeling coursing:
This sudden rush of I am not tied down.

I hope I never will be. I want to share, deeply, I want to
connect forever, but never get stuck in one place...in one old
idea, or in a feeling of being old and finished.

These are the nights I want to remember. The nights of being as
young and old as I am--of wriggling in my covers listening to
every sound--every creaking and even the fuzz of television
noise in the next room--feeling serene and blissed simultaneously--
Knowing I will share. I am sharing. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment