Saturday, March 14, 2009

"I Open All My Doors"

So, here it is. Abstract, yes...but this is what I have to write for today:

In the spirit of Deb Talan's song lyrics, "You are forgiven, I open all my doors," I will attempt to stop trying to figure all of this out, and just let things come my way and deal with them when they do. I can't do it all right now. I can't figure out my job situation, figure out what I'll do for grad school next year, figure out my own neurotic mind, figure out my family, figure out the ridiculous--seemingly meaningful--dreams I keep having, all together. I need to break this up. So, I'm going to open all my doors.

I'm done with the struggle. My muscles are limp from all the fights.

It is sunny. The psychotic man who stayed at my coffee shop because God told him to is gone. I am somewhat safe. I have books. I am okay. My friends are near me. It is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment